Monday, January 18, 2010

Strasburg

This is a little late so sorry. Narration by Shelly - One day in mid December my American-Lyss friend, Dorene, her friend Noa and myself got into the car and drove to Strasbourg, France. The attraction to this small town is their amazing cathedral and the biggest Christmas market in France. Strasbourg has a mixture of both French and German cultures because it is so close to the German border. We decided to have some lunch before exploring the city. The menu definitely showed the mixed of cultures with many different typical meals for both countries. I went with a menu option which came with an onion tart (French) start, 5 meats with sauerkraut and potatoes (German) meal, and a crazy "Floating" mousse (French) desert (sorry I forgot to take pictures).



The cathedral was very beautiful and contains one of the coolest clocks I have seen. I was told that it is a "Sister" clock to the one in Prague, so I will have to check that out some day.















Some of the pretty Christmas decorations around the Christmas market. We looked around the market for a while and had a few glasses of Glühwein before coming back home to Switzerland.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

This isn't late. It's just early! Christmas is just 11 months minus 1 day away. Thanks for the heads up! I better start my lists...