Friday, June 18, 2010

Hooters-Interlaken

One Friday Mike had the day off work so we took a short day trip to Interlaken. We broke our diet to try out Hooters Switzerland. A lot of people know that Hooters is a favorite restaurant for my sister, Diana, and I, so I had to taste test and compare the two countries. Overall, I have to say it was damn good and just like home; well almost Di was not there to share them with us and a little different selection of beer.
Mike being silly with a view of Interlaken behind him.
Interlaken is a huge tourist area and is crawling with bus tour groups. On our way back to the train we were behind a large Japanese tour group which we did not think anything of. That group was guided into this Oberland shop and we were like "ok, I wonder.. what do they sell in there that gets groups to stop in there?" So we went in and looked around, well it took a few minutes to figure out the appeal for this group but when I did I was actually kind of shocked: After a certain time all the shops in the area change the staff to people that can speak Japanese, which is great, but I really did not expect that! We went into several shops earlier in the day and all the staff were speaking Swiss German so I don't know when the change over happened... but it did.
This is a view from Spiez were Mike was for the Sängerfest.

No comments: